Monday, February 14, 2011

Trend Alert

I am completely obsessed with scrapbooking among my other creative pursuits.  So I have many scrappy blogs on my subscription list with Google Reader.

I have been noticing a trend lately; for sloppy, messy work.  Now I do not mean that as an insult.  I mean that it a purposely flawed, humanized style that lets the view see the imperfections.  And that helps us realize that maybe they are not really imperfections. 

Just like people do not have to be a certain size or color to be ok; so it is with art.  Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.  And we do not have to look a certain way, our art work don't have to look a certain way.

Somer examples of this style are:

Julie Fei Fan Balzer of Balzer Designs  she is wonderfully free in her artwork and encourages others to just make art and not worry that it is not good enough.

Claudine Hellmuth  she does whimsical and handmade art.  She embraces the realness of art made by hand.

These are just two of my favorites.  But the common themes are hand drawn, hand cut, stitched on 'imperfectly' and other similar techniques.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites

Add to Technorati Favorites

Swidget 1.0