Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Shopping, Couponing & My Math Teacher's Revenge

I can remember back in high school arguing with my math teacher, that I would never need to know this stuff in "real life".  I would tell him, "Just show me how I will ever use this?".  And while I still feel this way about algebra I do see the point to some of the other more practical math, that I am still struggling with.

How is this relevant to shopping?  Well I recently started couponing and math skills are essential to being successful at this.  The better the math skills, the better your savings will be.

So I was at the store tonight trying to decide if:

1. Dog Food A at $16.97 for 40 pounds if a better deal than

2. Dog Food B at $5.83 for 3.6 pounds, but I have a $2.00 off coupon, or

3. Dog Food C at $20.97 for 31 pounds, with a $1.00 coupon.

Now where is my Excedrin coupon?  I am getting a headache.  So dear old high school math teacher, I will practice these math skills, despite my undying hatred of math.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites

Add to Technorati Favorites

Swidget 1.0