Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Feb 6, 2011

My second son came down from Ohio today.  I am going to get to go back to Ohio with him for a week.  My third son is home on leave from Iraq and is up in Ohio; so I am thrilled to be able to get up there to see him before he leaves.  Poor thing got feeling sick on the trip down, so as soon as he got here I had to take him to the Nashville VA; hopefully he will be feeling better asap.

On the creative front, I have worked on another page in my art journal tonight, but not finished it ... and that is ok.
Also I have done two cards tonight, but his the lights are low so that he can sleep, I can't post a picture of them until tomorrow.

I have noticed that as time goes by and I have given my self to create "imperfect" art; that my art is improving.  I am very pleased with my results lately.  It was all about developing that artistic confidence, to just go ahead and do it and not stress to make it "perfect".  In fact, perfect things often are less artistically beautiful than so-called "imperfect" or flawed things.

What do you think, do you find perfect things more appealing or do you see the beauty in the not-so-perfect and slightly flawed things?  Leave me a comment and tell me your take on it.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites

Add to Technorati Favorites

Swidget 1.0