Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Art Journal Every Day # 15 - Rejuvenate Your Spirit

This is the next page in my Art Journal that I am doing as part of the year-long project that Julie Fei Fan Balzer is hosting. You can check it out here: Art Journal Every Day






I like this page a lot, the background is pastels that I blended; some blend nicer than others - specifically the beautiful blue pretty much just sits where it lands and holds on tight. Once the background was in place I drew a winged heart with a Whisper marker.  I added a "I" sticker and a crown sticker to it. 

The quote in the upper right corner says: "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. - Eleanor Roosevelt.  Such an inspiring quote.  Further up in that corner is a butterfly on a seal sticker.

Rejuvenate your spirit is what I feel that art does for you.  I added black parentheses and a black arrow sticker to highlight it.  And I drew a lacey fringe border under it.  I hand drawn swirly is in the lower right corner I used a purple metallic fat marker for that.

The quote in the middle in blue metallic marker says: "The key to change is to let go of fear. - R. Cash"  Just above that is a faded sticker that says "2 unique".

The upper left corner has a hand drawn purple flower and a phrase sticker that says "How Sweet It Is".  Below that is another butterfly sticker.  Butterflies symbolize the change that can happen as we crawl out of our cocoon to become the beauty that we were meant to be.

The rectangle Journal sticker tells that date and a short message about the day; I added gold pen fringe to it so it looks like a throw rug to me.  Below that in the lower left corner is a compass rub on and the word "recharge".

This is my most 'art journaly' page so far in my opinion.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites

Add to Technorati Favorites

Swidget 1.0