Tuesday, January 13, 2009

National Quilt Museum

Yesterday, I got to realize a dream I have had for many years. I got to go to the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, Kentucky.

It was so awesome, the outside of the museum has a quilt painted on the side and large stained glass pieces in the window.
It cost $8.00 for adults to get in. The only bad thing was I wanted to touch the quilts so bad -- I was good and didn't. But I WANTED to so bad.
There was a section of miniature quilts that were so unbelievable it was insane. Entire quilt blocks pieced perfectly and they were an inch or even tinier.
The regular size quilts were awesome, they wouldn't allow any photographs, but oh, the sights I saw.
The Sedona Rose by Sharon Schamber was amazing; the back looks like a prize winning quilt itself, it has 130,000 Swavorski crystal on the back. I was sitting on a bench just admiring the back of this quilt, when I volunteer walked up and said, "If you like the back, come around and look at the front!" Wow!
I looked online and found a place you can go look at it: http://sharonschambernetwork.com/gallery/Sedona_Rose/index.html
This thing is unbelievable.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites

Add to Technorati Favorites

Swidget 1.0