Thursday, August 15, 2013

Come and Dine Banner - part 2

In my previous post, Come and Dine Banner, I was talking about the designing part of the banner project.  I finished that post at the point where it was time to break out the fabric.

First I trimmed each piece of paper roughly around the designs.  At this point I only trimmed around each word as a whole.  On the left I picked a purple tonal print, and green tonal print for the leaves.  Under each word is a rough cut piece of brown tonal print fabric.  On the far right I put a different brown that reminded me of home baked bread, and a grayish stone looking print.

 Then I laid it out and snapped a picture with my phone to get a more disconnected view of it.  Once I saw the picture, I decided that the gray just didn't work.  So I switched it out for a reddish brown print.  I liked the reddish fabric much better, it shows up nicely on the pieced yellow mosaic background.  Here is a close-up of the gray fabric, it just blends into the background.

 Once I switched the reddish brown fabric for the gray fabric, I snapped another picture and decided that I was satisfied with how it looked.

This shows how I cut the brown fabric originally the rough shape of the entire word.

At this point the background is complete, the designwork is done, and the fabric has been auditioned and chosen.

Next time I will tell my method of applying the appliques for grapes, leaves, words, bread, and oil jug.

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites

Add to Technorati Favorites

Swidget 1.0