Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Organization or Lack Thereof - Argh!!

I seem to be on an unending quest for organization.

I need to organize:

  • my scrapbook supplies - I literally have more than many small stores - I am blessed to have all this but it needs to be organized to be utilized.
  • 20+ years of genealogy research - I have almost stopped researching because I need to get a handle on the boxes and computer files I have already made. I still have genealogy in old word-processing files from before I bought my first genealogy management software.
  • growing rubber stamp collection - so I won't buy duplicates and so I can find and use what I have bought
  • large personal library which includes reading for fun books, craft books, cook books, reference books, etc
  • photos - boxes and boxes of photos and according to my computer I have over 19,000!?!? digital photos.
  • fabric - I am a quilter - therefore I have lots of fabric.
  • paper - oh my! scrapbook paper, cardstock, vellum, chipboard, and not to mention that I adore stationary. I love paper and can't stand to waste it.

These are just the first things that come to mind. I have made many attempts at organizing each of these areas; but seemingly before I can blink they are out of control again.

Of course, life, and having 7 children and 7 grandchildren and 1 on the way complicates things, lol. But they are happy interruptions.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites

Add to Technorati Favorites

Swidget 1.0