Friday, May 29, 2009

Perspiration Stains

My kids are into sports alot and they have t-shirts with stubborn perspiration stains. I found something that removed most of the stains from shirts that had been laundered and dried repeatedly.

I filled a 5 gallon bucket about 2/3 full of water. I applied white vinegar to each stain; thoroughly soaking it and working the vinegar into the stain with an old toothbrush; then I dumped the rest of the small bottle of vinegar into the 5 gallon bucket of water and soaked the shirts overnight and then laundered as normal.

This removed the vast majority of the stains and made what was left practically undetectable. I then refilled the small vinegar bottle from the larger gallon jug that I had gotten at Walmart for a little over $2.00.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites

Add to Technorati Favorites

Swidget 1.0