Wednesday, January 14, 2009

First Attempt at Art Journal Doodle


I have been looking at a lot of Art Journals online lately. I am so moved by them. I have always saved little bits and pieces of things intending to do something like that with them.
However, I could never seem to start, for one reason or another.
- Fear of failure.
- Fear of being good enough.
And on and on. But I think between going to the quilt museum and the looking at all the art journals, I am allowing myself the freedom to JUST DO IT.
So last night, with some inspiration from Sharon Shamber's amazing Sedona Rose quilt, I did this doodle. My kids swear that I traced it -- that made me smile a lot. Then my son was like, why didn't I inherit this artistic talent?
I have to let myself, just go with it and also I have to realize that art is just is; I don't need to have a reason to do it. It is not a practical need; like I need to do the dishes. But it is a need in my soul.
Let me know what you think of my first Art Doodle, I xeroxed this, in case, I want to color it; if I don't like it, it won't be ruined.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites

Add to Technorati Favorites

Swidget 1.0